New Wholesale District and World Building, 1910s
Opened in 1912, the World Tower was built for LD Taylor, owner of the Vancouver World newspaper, and replaced the nearby Dominion Building as the tallest building in the British Empire. It’s not visible in this picture, but the building originally had a globe on top. The Vancouver Sun newspaper took over the building in 1937 after its own building on the other side of Pender Street burned down, and this has been known as the Sun Tower ever since. The Sun had already absorbed the World newspaper years earlier.
Source: Ebay, via jmv’s facebook page
Iowa High Trestle Bridge
Spanning between the two rural communities of Woodward and Madrid, the Iowa High Trestle Bridge connects 25 miles of High Trestle Trail.. (read more)
Architect: RDG Planning & Design
Location: Woodward and Madrid, Iowa
photos by homemade iowa life